Here are a few ideas I’ve thought of…some of them I used with our children as they were growing up, and some I wish I had:
- Read the Word of God to them.
- Let them know you love the Word of God and read it every day.
- Memorize scripture together.
- Quote your memorized scripture to them
- Have Bible Memory contests
- Use scripture when answering questions.
- The Bible in 90 Days. http://scriptureawakening.com/b90/
- Buy them great Bible study books or games:
- Plan a special meal, and invite them to come, letting them know that the reason for the evening is so that you can tell them your story of how you came to know Jesus and what are your favorite verses in the Bible.
- Tell them stories from the Bible about Families, and the value of handing down the truth of the Word of God from one generation to the next. (Like the story of Ruth)
- Put together a unique photo album. On the left side of the page put a picture, and on the right side, write the story of that picture….what was happening, who is in the picture…and what you learned from God during that time.
- Compile a family geneology, and indicate what you know about each person’s relationship to Jesus. Ask your children or grandchildren to help with the research or the compiling.
- Be sure your children see you praying.
- Sing scripture choruses together.
- If you play the piano, grab a hymnbook and let them turn the pages…talk about the words of the hymns. Learn some hymns together. Teach them to harmonize.
- Take them on a short-term mission trip with you. What a rich experience for them to meet other kids their own age, in a different culture, who also love the Bible (in their own language) and Jesus.
- Teach them a verse or two in another language. Pray for children who speak that language.
- Take them to a baseball game, or fishing, or gardening…and talk about the things you are learning from the Lord.
- Turn them on to a good Christian kids’ website.
- Invite their friends over for dinner. Welcome them into the fellowship of your family as you pray before a meal, and talk about Jesus and scripture passages as you eat.
- Are you fully committed to doing things God’s ways until the end of your life? Do your children know that? Psalm 119:112 says “ I have inclined my heart to perform Your statutes forever, to the very end.”
- Do your children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren know you spend time in the Word every day?
Proverbs 13:22 “ A good man leaves an inheritance to his children’s children…”
You could say the whole world was created with you in mind, except that almost sounds like creation was made to revolve around you, and of course, it wasn’t. It was made to revolve around God. This 9-lesson study of the first eleven chapters of Genesis, Genesis Part 1 will start you on an investigation of the mysteries of God, Who can create a world and mankind out of nothing, and give life to the dead.
Click here for Free Download of Genesis Part 1 Bible Study.
Click here to view this Bible Study for purchase on Amazon.com.
Click here to see all of Kathleen’s For-Sale Bible Studies on lulu.com.
This study, “Adam to Noah”, is Part 1 of the entire Genesis Bible Study.
Click here for Part 2, “Abraham, Isaac and Jacob”.
Click here for Part 3, “The Twelve Sons of Jacob”.
Click on “Kathleen’s Store” to see the entire collection of kathleendalton Bible Studies available for purchase online. I’ve just added 1st John and Colossians. Coming soon: Jonah and Nahum, Genesis, and Revelation. When they come out on Amazon they will be full-price. Right now there is a 20% discount on www.lulu.com. Here are my 2 newest additions:
The new Christmas Bible Study has just been finished! It’s a 10-Lesson verse-by-verse study of passages in Luke and Matthew, following the Christmas Story all the way from the birth of John the Baptist to the settling of Mary and Joseph and Jesus in Nazareth. Click on the picture to view or for free download.
Because many of you have asked, I’ve been working on getting some of my Bible Studies available for purchase online. I’ve had a great time figuring out how to do it! I’m self-publishing on www.lulu.com. In a few weeks these Bible studies will also be available on Amazon. Just click on the pictures below to see Ruth, Ephesians, Hosea, and Esther at www.lulu.com. Coming soon: Colossians, 1st John, Genesis, and Revelation. When they come out on Amazon they will be full-price. Right now there is a 20% discount on www.lulu.com. Here they are:
God, why didn’t You have Your Son born in the most beautiful and glorious place on earth, with the whole world watching? Why a quiet and lonely manger, with two young, uneducated parents, and animals and filth all around?
If I could ask this question, I think God would say: “There is no place on earth beautiful and glorious enough to merit the birth of My Son. There is no number of people large enough to fully appreciate His arrival. I carefully chose the place and the time and the people and the surroundings. That’s all you need to know.”
That would be enough for me.
Good question. Let’s look at the facts: The Savior promised by God all through the Old Testament was going to be His Son. “You are my Son, today I have begotten You.” (Psalm 2:7) . So what we’re asking is: could God have fathered more than one Son?
We know the answer to this question from one simple phrase: Jesus is called the “only begotten Son of God”. (John 1:14) There are no other begotten sons of God. Jesus is and always will be the only Son who was physically fathered by God.
One Savior/Messiah/Son of God was promised all through the Old Testament. Only One.
If there had been or could be other begotten Sons of God, then there would be many Saviors. But there was only One.
What are the implications of this, then?
- That means Jesus is the only way to salvation. There is no salvation in any other person, or in any other name. John 14:6, Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth and the life. No man comes to the Father except through Me.”
- And it means if anyone else ever comes along saying they are the Savior of the world, run very fast in the other direction. “Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we may be saved.” Acts 4:12