Kathleen’s James Bible Study has been updated and uploaded to our site, and can be downloaded for free.
From Kathleen: “As you read through the whole book of James, certain common themes begin to emerge:
- He calls them “my brothers” very, very often.
- He’s not too impressed with “rich people”.
- He talks about a new kind of law: the “law of freedom”.
- He expects people of “faith” to be doing something.
- He thinks talking is serious business.
- He accuses them of thinking they are something great when they are not.
- He advises prayer when any need arises.
So you realize that he had a few things to say…and I think he could barely get them on paper because of all the other things he kept thinking of.
Like sending the kid off to college – or off to camp – and don’t forget this…and don’t forget this….and don’t forget this….”